Friday, September 29th, 2006
Manifesto # 1
1) NO COVER SONGS. EVER.
2) No banter with the audience. Get onstage. Play songs (I.E. rock) and go home. Let the music stand alone.
3) Being paid for a gig is a benefit, not a requirement.
4) Make a list of venues to play before you even get a gig. Also have a list of venues you would refuse.
5) Dictate to your audience. Don’t be dictated to by your audience. If you like it, someone else will. And they will find you.
6) Look the part. Dress to be taken seriously.
7) Discover new approaches to songwriting through the collaboration of ideas.
8) You’re only as good as you think you are. If you think you are local bar band that is what you are. Aim high.
9) Know when not to play. Silence is a note.
10) Consistently challenge yourselves to create your own sound. Be compared to no one.
Time, I absolve myself of your vow to vanquish me.